If you own your own business, you have to make sure your landscaping always looks nice. If it does not, your customers will walk through your door already having a bad impression of you. To make sure this does not happen to you, below are three things you can do to make your landscaping really pop.
The first thing you should start with is adding some color to your landscaping. You do not want to overpower your landscaping with flowers, however. Some types you should consider include:
- Daylilies: Daylilies come in a variety of colors, such as yellow, orange, and lavender. They grow best in full sun, are heat and drought tolerant, and they can grow from 12 inches to three feet.
- Irises: Irises come in a variety of colors and are easy to care for. They grow up to 28 inches tall, are drought tolerant, and grow best in full sun.
- Shasta Daisies: Shasta daisies will provide your landscaping with a cheerful feel, and they grow in clumps up to three feet tall. They have white blooms so they can go well with other colors.
Plant flowers along the front of your building, as well as any other areas that need some color.
Make your walkway inviting to your customers with walkway pavers. You could choose stone pavers that are made of sandstone, flagstone, or limestone. The pavers can be cut into a variety of shapes and sizes.
Concrete walkway pavers are another choice. The concrete is first poured into a mold to form the pavers. You can choose from a variety of shapes, including rectangles, circles, fan shaped, pentagons, and hexagons. You can also choose to use more than one shape in your walkway to make it look interesting. The pavers can be stained to make them mimic stone.
Brick is another option you have. You can find brick pavers in a variety of colors, such as reds, greens, and blues. They can be laid in a basket weave pattern to make the path really stand out.
If your business is open at night, you should consider commercial lighting for your landscaping. This not only makes it easier for your customers to see, but also makes your landscaping look beautiful.
When choosing the lighting, you can choose line voltage, solar, or LED lights. There are different types of fixtures to choose from including:
- Bullet: Shaped like a bullet and can be used to spotlight your business sign or anything else you want to showcase.
- Canister: Made of a heavy, PVC canister, and are partially buried in the ground. These fixtures are used to illuminate a wall or other large structure.
- Path light: Can be used to illuminate a pathway or sidewalk, and they come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Generally made of copper, aluminum, power coated, or plastic.
- Box: Box light fixtures are rectangular and used to illuminate large areas.
Contact a commercial landscaping contractor, such as Bill and Dave's Landscape Maintenance, in your area to help you with your landscaping needs.